Locus Robotics Unveils New Mezzanine Management Capabilities to Optimize Multilevel Execution | national news
WILMINGTON, Mass., November 3, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Locus Robotics (www.locusrobotics.com), the market leader in Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) for fulfillment warehouses, today announced enhancements to its mezzanine management capability designed to deliver highly optimized management of order picking for mezzanines multi-level and vertical warehouses for maximum productivity, flexibility and throughput.
“With Locus Mezzanine Management, operators have optimal control over order management and worker productivity, regardless of the number of mezzanine levels,” explains Sophie pagalday, Director of Product Marketing at Locus Robotics. “This powerful tool optimizes each job for throughput and productivity through intelligent grouping of jobs / selections at level and directed selection and passage.”
As order volumes continue to skyrocket, warehouse operators have quickly overtaken floor space in today’s fulfillment and distribution warehouses. To stay ahead of demand, many warehouse operators are choosing to go vertical rather than constructing new buildings. However, effective management of workflow and personnel in multi-level operations has become a management challenge.
“Almost 30,000 warehouses will be added over the next 5 years to support the ongoing changes in consumer purchasing trends and evolving supply chains. But that alone will not be enough to cope with the increasing number of SKUs and retailers’ desire for better inventory availability, ”said Ash Sharma, senior research director at Interact Analysis. “This mezzanine-type approach is widely adopted around the world as a way to easily provide additional warehouse capacity in existing facilities. “
Locus provides intelligent task orchestration across multiple levels or mezzanines in very large centers, optimizing workflows and order consolidation for maximum throughput. The intelligent workflow optimization engine actively directs LocusBots and workers to go through the most efficient order picking sequence.
New features include:
- Intelligent multi-tier orchestration: Optimize every job for throughput and productivity with intelligent clustering of level jobs / selections and directed pick and pass.
- Flexible and adaptable: Easily add new tiers, activate / deactivate drop stations, run concurrent discrete and batch pick workflows, and reassign LocusBots at all levels to respond to changes in demand.
- Configurable: Configure Locus to perform tasks based on your preferred workflows – including top floor down and bottom up – to facilitate seamless consolidation.
- Real-time visibility: Access a real-time view of activity on each floor as well as productivity rates, incomplete work and more in your vertical warehouse.
- Ecosystem integration: Connect your WMS and MHE such as take-out conveyors, slides, placement walls, etc. at Locus for end-to-end workflow management.
About Locus Robotics
Locus Robotics’ revolutionary multi-bot solution integrates powerful and intelligent autonomous mobile robots that work in conjunction with human workers to dramatically improve part handling productivity 2-3 times, with less manpower per compared to traditional parts handling systems. This award-winning solution helps retailers, 3PLs and specialty warehouses efficiently meet and exceed the increasingly complex and demanding requirements of order fulfillment environments, easily integrating into existing warehouse infrastructures without disrupting workflows. of work, instantly transforming productivity without transforming the warehouse. In 2021, Locus Robotics joined the Inc. 500, ranked 428.
For more information, visit www.locusrobotics.com/features/mezzanine_management.
PDF – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1677560/Mezzanine_Management.pdf
Logo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1440363/Locus_Robotics_Logo.jpg