Seattle Mariners vs. Los Angeles Angels odds, picks & predictions
the Seattle sailors (29-31) end their four-game streak with the Los Angeles Angels (27-31) Sunday at Angel Stadium. The first pitch is scheduled for 4:07 p.m. ET. let’s analyze BetMGM sports bettingthe lines around the Mariners vs Angels odds with MLB picks and predictions.
LA have won the previous two games, the last being a 12-5 after dropping out of the first game of this series.
Series of the season: Tied 3-3.
RHP Logan gilbert makes his fifth start for the Mariners. Gilbert is 0-2 with an ERA of 5.94 (16 2/3 IP, 11 ER), 1.26 WHIP, 1.6 BB / 9 and 8.6 K / 9 this year.
- Last outing: Victory, 6-5, in 6 IP with 2 ER, 5 H, 1 BB and 5 K on Monday against the Oakland Athletics.
- Career against the angels: no appearance.
LHP Patrick Sandoval is on the hill for the Angels. Sandoval is 0-1 with a 3.80 ERA (21 1/3 IP, 9 ER), 1.45 WHIP, 4.2 BB / 9 and 7.2 K / 9 over three starts and three appearances in the bullpen.
- Last out: No decision in 5 IP with 0 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, and 4K in LA’s 5-0 loss to Oakland on May 27.
- Career vs Mariners: No decision in 4 IP with 1 ER, 4 H, 1 BB and 4K in one start, a 10-2 win in July 2020.
- vs. Mariners on current roster: 12 batting appearances with a .250 / .250.333, 1/0 K / BB, 0 HR, and 0 RBI slash line.
MLB betting offers / promotions
BetMGM sports betting offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet only $ 1 on either team’s money line, WIN $ 100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- FIRST RISK-FREE BET. Place your first bet, if he loses you will get up to $ 600 in free bets. Bet now!
Mariners at Angels odds, lines, pick and prediction
- Silver line: Mariners +125 (bet $ 100 to win $ 125) | Angels -155 (bet $ 155 to win $ 100)
- Against the spread / ATS: Sailors +1.5 (-155) | Angels -1.5 (+125)
- Above / Below: 8.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Sailors 4, Angels 2
Silver Line (ML)
Lightweight “THIN” at SAILORS (+125) for a quarter of a unit. Seattle has the lead in the starting and relief shots there and the Angels’ production at the plate has dropped completely since CF Mike Trout hit the injured list.
According to Pregame.com, over 90% of the money is on the LA money line. I’m fine, okay with wiping out this one-sided deal because Sandoval is a âback-of-the-spinâ starter at best.
Additionally, although the Seattle reliever pen was destroyed by LA on Saturday, the Mariners relievers have the sixth best WAR and 10th best xFIP as a unit compared to the Angels reliever pen, which is 22nd in WAR.
Race Line / Against Spread (ATS)
“THIN” at MARINERS +0.5 (-120) FIRST 5 RINGS for half a unit. Gilbert is Seattle’s fourth prospect according to MLB.com, has much better assets than Sandoval and has just had the best start to his career.
Sandoval ranks at the 17th percentile or worse in chase rate, opponent expected slugging percentage, opponent expected wOBA, hard hit rate, K%, and exit speed.
While Gilbert’s baseline numbers don’t come off the page, his PIF is 2.34 below his ERA, indicating a progression ahead. Sandoval’s FIP is nearly two points higher than its ERA, indicating an ongoing regression.
Over / Under (O / U)
BET the LESS THAN 8.5 (-105) for 1 unit. Almost 80% of the money is on the Over (according to Pregame.com), which gives us the angle to âmelt the marketâ, and both lineups are not good at the moment.
Since Trout started missing games on April 18, LA’s lineup is 24th in WAR and 25th in hit rate, but Seattle’s lineup is even worse in those two measures during that time frame.
TO PLAY: Free daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
Bet on this game now on BetMGM sports betting. For more sports betting choices and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please play responsibly.
Gannett can earn income through public referrals to betting services. Editors are independent of this relationship and have no influence on media coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any content.